Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Generally I'm not that thrilled to wake up on a morning in mid-May to gray, showery-looking skies, but today was a perfect day for running. I went about 10 am, and it was so nice! It was cool but not cold, and there was a bit of a breeze (particularly when I was moving north-south or vice versa) but not enough to give me an earache. And it sprinkled on and off while I was out there, but only enough for me to feel pleasant little cool splashes on my arms.

I've been going out extra-unencumbered when I can. My mp3 player hasn't been working, so I haven't had that and my earphones. I don't take my fanny pack and water bottle when I'm not running to the gym, and this morning I didn't even take glasses since it wasn't sunny enough for me to need my sunglasses and my regular ones get fogged up -- it's easier to just be blind. I was wearing a tee shirt and my long-sleeved running pants, and it all just felt good. Did the whole 3 1/2 miles (or whatever it is) feeling really nice and peaceful.

No comments: