Tuesday, May 10, 2005

50 Book Challenge: #17

Nursery Crimes by Ayelet Waldman (BC)

Enh. I like the idea of a stay-at-home mom who gets so bored that she starts solving crimes/mysteries, but this one didn't really grab me. I didn't like the way her daughter and parenting skills were written. The husband who is home all the time was a convenience I found hard to swallow as well. Also, I figured out who the killer was quite a while before the heroine did, so that was kind of annoying. I don't see this one generating much discussion at book club, which is fine since I didn't spend much on it and it only took me a day to read. Am now plowing through East of Eden by Steinbeck. It's long and kind of dense but I'm moving through it pretty quickly and I'll look forward to the discussion.

No comments: