Sunday, November 14, 2004

End of a nice weekend

It was a nice though surprisingly busy weekend. We went shopping and out to lunch yesterday, and I got lots of Christmas shopping done for the kids. Unfortunately, since the kids were with us, that meant that Ryan kept having to take them to a different part of the store so I could make my purchases. I got Rachel a world map with lots of flags at the bottom that she'd been admiring in Michael's, and at Kohl's, I picked up some Leappad books for Will and a Cabbage Patch Kid for Rachel (I hope she likes it as much as I do!). Today Rachel and I went to a birthday party at the skating rink for Aasha, a girl who lives down the street. I think I has as much fun as she did :-) My right hip is a little achy from handling all the turns going around the rink counter-clockwise all afternoon though!

Ryan and I made a pact to keep the TV off after the kids went to bed, as he had work he'd been putting off all weekend and I wanted to get some writing done. I'm now done for the evening, having hit the 27K mark, and I'm headed upstairs to bed. After sleeping late the last several mornings, I fully expect it to be painful when my alarm goes off at 7 tomorrow morning!

No comments: