Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Laptop...

... is literally being held together by packing tape. It works just fine. There was some stuff with it seizing up this past week when I was using Windows Media Player, but I just started using iTunes instead and it's been just fine. The only problem with it is that the hinge has been broken for some time, so either it's completely wide open, or it's closed -- nothing in between. Quite the PITA! And this morning I made it worse by prying open the little speaker thing on one side to see if I could get the lay of the land and maybe fix it myself. Yeah, that's always a good idea, right? Anyway, I sent emails to a couple of places in town that do computer repair asking how long I would have to be without my computer if they were to fix it for me. That's my main concern, of course -- not how much it costs or whether it's done properly -- and I want to know down to the minute how long I'm going to be deprived. It's a sad thing, what an addict I am.

2 comments:

alittleposy said...

The desktop is old and runs really slowly, and since we got the wireless router, I have been using the laptop almost exclusively and ceding the desktop to the kids. I do like to be mobile --not that I leave the house with the computer very often. Mostly I just like to sit on the couch with it!

alittleposy said...

PS -- Yes, I know I'm completely spoiled!