Thursday, June 30, 2005

Chicken Soup

Isn't it amazing when one of those old-wives-tales/conventional wisdom-type thingies turns out to be true? Last night I went to a friend's house for a spa-products party, and had too much wine. Today I'm more or less functional but the stomach has been a little iffy. After I dropped Rachel off at swim practice, we headed home and the first thing on my agenda was to eat something, as it had been a while and I was feeling a little queasy. I happily located a can of chicken noodle soup from Trader Joe's that I didn't even know we had, so I heated it it right up. Fifteen minutes later, I can't tell you how much better I'm feeling. What is it about chicken noodle soup, anyway? The TJ's kind is awfully good, but I'm usually happy with the cheap old sodium-rich Campbell's variety as well. I used to have it for lunch each day during the urpy first trimester of my pregnancy of Will, and it was one thing I could always count on to go down without a fight. I know they've actually done studies of why it makes us feel better when we're sick but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

No comments: