Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Feel Fat

This morning I went to a yoga class where I ended up sitting close to the mirror. Usually I can't see myself that well but today, whenever we were doing twisting poses, I was looking at a back view of myself. Bleah. I look huge. I want to lose 20 lbs. And you know what really sucks? I started running again this past week and have run ~10 miles in the last 5 days. Now I feel fatter than ever -- wtf?

I joined WW Online a year ago fall and did it sporadically with not much in the way of results. This morning before I got up, I was thinking about whether I should rejoin, and then when I opened my email, I had received a thing from them asking me to come back. I'd rather not do it online because I don't think it works for me, but all the meetings in Davis a) conflict with my yoga class on Tuesday morning, b) are in the late afternoon, so I end up starving myself before my weigh-in every week or c) are on Saturday mornings, making it highly likely that I will blow them off. But I feel like the online thing doesn't really work for me and I need the support from the meetings. I feel discouraged and I haven't even gotten started doing anything :-(

No comments: