Monday, May 05, 2008

Spring is here...

so of course I am miserable. It's so hard -- the weather outside is beautiful, so what I want to do is go out and work in the yard, walk the dog, go for a run, or ride my bike. But I know if I do, I will pay for the rest of the day -- sneezing my head off, blowing my nose constantly, and just generally feeling fatigued. I try to keep reminding myself that at least we aren't in the process of buying and selling houses this year, and the sneezing is better than that one year I got exzema all over my legs -- that was brutal...



Of course the activities are ramping up as the school year is coming to an end -- this coming week I will begin collecting books for the used book fair at our end-of-the-year carnival, and we have Will's 3rd grade concert in a few weeks. It's not a great time to be losing energy. But thats life in Davis...




There have been about a zillion fundraising events for the Davis Schools Foundation lately. Friday night we went to a wine-tasting benefit at a local winery, and Saturday was Schoolapalooza in downtown Davis, where local businesses were donating part of their profits and there was entertainment, raffles and giveaways. Ryan worked at the DSF booth for most of the afternoon, and he said so many people stopped by to write checks and get their free bag of Annie's Organics stuff (Annie's donated 200 cases of stuff to give away), and I was there just hanging out and doing some shopping. It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves. This budget crisis is a terrible thing for our schools, but the efforts to make up the deficit are a great thing for our community, and a great example to our kids. It's pretty cool!

No comments: