Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HOT

Let me share with you the lovely events of the past week...

On Mother's Day, Ryan said he didn't feel that great and that he thought he'd been drinking too much, so he wasn't going to do any of that that day. I said I was sure I had also been drinking too much, but it was Mother's Day, so screw sobriety for at least another 24 hours. We went to my sister-in-law's parents house and had a great day with their family and ours, culminating with everyone sitting down to watch the finale of Survivor. We stayed for a lot of it, too, though once Cirie got eliminated, I packed up the family and we left -- I didn't care which of those skinny brown-haired bikini girls won. By the time we got home, I had a terrible headache, which I still had the next morning.

Ryan, though, was worse off -- his off-feeling of the day before had now developed into a full-blown gastrointestinal nastiness. He spent most of the day sleeping and I brought him Gatorade. I got rid of my headache but still didn't feel too great, and suspected I had a touch of whatever he had. He never did actually barf, but I figured when it hit me full-force, I would definitely end up with my head over the toilet. Because barfing is what I do.

No comments: