Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Speaking Up

I wanted to post a link to this column by Mark Morford in the San Francisco Chronicle about "Brokeback Mountain" and the Samuel Alito Supreme Court confirmation hearings. I really liked what it had to say.

I am also adding a link on the right side of the screen to a blog I really enjoy, Yeah, But Houdini Didn't Have These Hips. I came across it several months ago, lost the link, and then started reading it again when its author, Sarahlynn, responded to a comment I made in her guestbook. Sarahlynn is a mom as well as liberal and a feminist who posts a lot of interesting stuff about current events pertaining to women's rights and lots of other pertinent issues, and she has inspired me to do more of the same in this space. God knows I've got opinions! It's easy to get caught up in my own dramas and it's fun to rant about movies and celebrity doings and whatnot, but it's also important to speak up about the issues that matter to me, and how lucky am I to be living in the age of blogs, where I have my own little forum to say whatever I want?

No comments: